SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
We can make 2000 posts easy.

By the way, PCP, your english is outstanding. Anyone that can debate in a foreign language has it down, regardless of whether they are right.

My son is taking German as his required language at an Ivy League college. He was laughing, when I saw him over Thanksgiving, that he had a conversational exam with his professor. He was asked what he knew of Alaska. He gave some reply in German that included knowing there were bears in Alaska. Then we was asked what he knew of the bears. He suttered and all he could muster up in German was, "they're brown".

You've got the language down.
Thank you. It is one of the reasons I hang here. Just to improve it. I have started recentely on an Italian forum with the same purpose, but that is a bit more difficult since I had not any formal education whit it.

No the German is another thing, I can understand something in what regards reading, but speaking... no way. My wife speaks reasonably well German and reads books without difficulty. I have tried to learn but the grammar and all those declinations are just a pain in the ass. I understand quite well your son's dificulties

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook