SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe

Absolutely incredible, Armel and François are just racing like if they were finishing the race at sprint not as if they were at the middle of it. I don't understand how they can keep with this rhythm. That is absolutely insane I don't remember anything like this. They are going so fast that they have already passed the next gate. I guess that on the last two days they have made more than 1000Nm

And so Armel comes back. Anything you can do François I can do too. Well, almost. Le Cléac’h the Banque Populaire skipper is back on top of the standings this evening after making a 530 miles 24 hours run up to 1800hrs UTC this evening. And since the afternoon rankings Le Cleac’h has done ten miles more than François Gabart to retake the lead by a matter of 8.5 miles.

A match race is developing then towards the Amsterdam gate and this evening, with the speedos still red hot, it is Armel who has bounced back, also retaining the preferred berth to windward in the strong NW’ly.

They cannot post fast enough to cover the race. Since the afternoon François managed to go even faster and overtook Armel again

Crazy stuff!!!!! : "There is about 35 to 40K wind, I am doing between 22 and 28K. Not much sail out. I try to cool it down but the boat goes faster and faster" says François. Take a look and see how the boat shakes and vibrates. How the hell can day sleep or rest on that thing? And the guy seems fresh as if he was just starting a new day after a good night's rest. These guys are just incredible!!!!

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Day 31 highlights - Monday, December 10, 2012 por VendeeGlobeTV

Last edited by PCP; 12-10-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook