Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West coast lower mainland British Columbia, Canada
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Some have requested that I post a thread on my current project for Windy Way. Total cost for this so far is about $500 including wire & hardware. I've been scrounging parts for about a year for this. I'm an economical type of guy
(some may say cheap) so I wait for the good deals. I still don't know at this point if the 3" tube for the rode will work out or if the rope will bunch up inside it. I'm using 5/8 dia rope cause that is what the LEWMAR Concept 1 windlass calls for and I've chosen 3 strand nylon cause it's stiffer & hopefully won't bunch up. Storage under the FWD V berth has lots of room so there's no issue there. There is an UP switch beside the windlass and a DOWN & UP switch on the stbrd cockpit bulkhead. More often than not I'll only be using the UP switch & lowering the hook manually. (saves power).
I took a picture of the holes in the deck to show how thick it is up there, these boats are built well that's for sure. You can also see the faint outline of the Hauser hole I had to fill. I didn't want to be too anal about the finish here cause it's being all covered up. Yes the windlass is not centered on the deck, I did this so the rode would miss the forestay when the mast is up. (I almost forgot about this)
Last edited by windyway; 12-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.