SailNet Community - View Single Post - Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33

Anders,
I can't seem to find Bob Perry's user id on this forum. I could send him a PM on another forum where I can find him (Anything Sailing Forum) or you could ask your post over there too. I did ask sailnet member Jeff_H to look at this thread as he is an architect and has a long history working around the boat building industry. He has also sailed a lot of different boats. Hopefully he will chime in.

From my own limited perspective (not familiar with Morgan build quality and design) my knee jerk reaction would be the Southern Cross, as the brand has a proven track record of crossing oceans. Smaller boats should be easier to single hand, if you will be single handing.

Heck, a guy who has the same model boat as I do (Tartan 27') did some extensive modifications to and took it from the US to the Marshall Islands in the S. Pacific. I guess that supports the theory that any decent boat can be refitted to do some blue water work. I guess it all depends on your wallet and your patience.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook