SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halloween Hurricane
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Re: Halloween Hurricane

I've been a skeptic all along on the global warming issue and don't trust the science but there does seem to be ice melt from glaciers which was not in the sea to begin with but seems to be dropping into the it. Not all the melting is from arctic regions where there is only water below the ice. I don't know the physics of the thing and really don't want to risk opening up the global warming debate yet again

Most of the houses along all our shores started out as little bungalows in a different day and age and have now transformed into high-end, luxury vacation homes for the wealthy. We certainly should not be subsidizing federal flood insurance for them but you know a lot of those homes are owned by the elite and their bought and paid for legislators. So what are the chances that average Americans will be relieved of the bill for their extravagance by rebuilding houses where they should never have been built in the first place? Quite a few of the houses on the Jersey shore were insured. A big bill is coming for repairs.

Last edited by smurphny; 12-11-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook