SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

I am hoping sparlepl3nty will return and post again and answer some of the questions I posed to him/ her.

Without starting a storm here, a one post contributer in the past has raised suspicions. Dont read into what I am saying here. I am just folowing a tradition which has been in effect on SN by asking.

I would like to hear what specifically they were worried about instead of trying to guess it. The culture, the ship, the Captain, the owner. Just throwing out generalities only fuels the speculation more.

If the TSC was so worried about the Bounty and now it has sunk and is gone and they are so united about the ship, surely there will be no repercussions about speaking frankly about what SPECIFICALLY was wrong on the Bounty. You would think they would want to try and make it narrowed to the Bounty so that the spotlight isnt cast on the whole industry. Surely you would also think that if there were these specific p[roblems abaord this ship they would be identified so they dont happen again on other tall ships.

That would be part of the learned lesson we are asking for here.

So Sparkelpl3nty speak back up. Let everyone know what it was specifically so we can correct it going forward and it doesnt cost someone their lives again. Its obvious the silence before hand about this didnt work by your own admission. After all this may benefit you and your freinds in this industry which you is aparent oin your passion, which may have safety and culture issues as is now being speculated that can be corrected for all TSC members..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 12-11-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook