SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bareboat Charter Pricing and your charter experiences
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012

hillenme is on a distinguished road
Re: Bareboat Charter Pricing and your charter experiences

Agree with the points above that additional boats can help out on the price. I've been with groups where we've had as many 4 boats out at once. Time of year affects price as well. Definitely you get what you pay for. I'd like Moorings next time I'm down there. We used Horizon out of True Blue Grenada last year and the boat was a disaster. 41' Lagoon. Two heads broke (4 is overkill anyway, perfect example of just one more thing to break), needed new starter motor on starboard engine 2 days into the trip, almost lost the bimini (the weld where the steel tubing attaches to a deck plate actually gave) and the charter company had closed the seacock on the starboard bilge for some reason, which we did not discover until it had filled almost entirely with water and a jib sheet snapped. The weather was uncommonly heavy, so this contributed to some of the problems. As they had no spare boats we had to fix all this ourselves (including spending an extra day in Tobago Cays waiting for the starter to be delivered).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook