SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making a living as a liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Making a living as a liveaboard

I'm an aerospace engineer and contract my services to many companies so I get to travel some... right now in Everett for Boeing... I do however have a side business I often do while I can live aboard although not doing it at the moment and that is restoring and servicing Italian car gauges and aircraft instruments... done many Ferraris, Maserati's, Fiats, and other Italian cars... many of my restorations have gone to Pebble Beach, Montery, and other fine car shows and have won best of show... well known in the car circuit and actually make more money at it than contract engineering...

Remetau, regarding Enovia... ha ha ha... using that right now along with Dassault Systems Catia V5 and other software to design the advanced turbine nacelle for the next generation of Boeing 737Max, 777Next, 787-10. and the new airplane program under wraps... These are skills that can be used even while travelling on the sailboat but you need high powered wi-fi or satellite internet to keep linked to the company or in other words 'virtual engineering'.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook