SailNet Community - View Single Post - $500.00 Reward for Catamaran under $120k
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012

amphibious1 is on a distinguished road
Re: $500.00 Reward for Catamaran under $120k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnblu View Post
May I ask if you are limiting yourself to a catamaran? Are you considering all the different types of vessels for your journey? Perhaps the advantages/disadvantages of the variously equipped and priced boats could be worth it? I ask, because we used to be a catamaran wannabee's, 20 years ago.
Aloha Capnblu

It all comes down to simple comfort... We have spent lots of time on both for work and pleasure. We think they both have their good and bad. But for comfort at anchor where you will spend about 80+% of your time on a circumnavigation a cat rules.. We have a lot of other reasons but that is the big one.
You are so right we can get a sweet mono for the 120k. It may come down to a mono but that is like plan G. We still have plan A B C D E F all being something with 2 or 3 hulls.

We would consider a Tri if we can not find the cat we want. We know we can
find a cat but it may not have the features we want. We have found some that fit close but have saildrives. I have worked with and on saildrives and do not like them. We may need to compromise more and go saildrives but we are not at that point yet..

Thanks for your input and please keep a eye out
Great to hear you have been happy with your cruiser for 20 years..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook