SailNet Community - View Single Post - longer than stuff lasts in a frige
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: longer than stuff lasts in a frige

Having hippy girlfriends when I was in my early 20's, I aquired a taste for boxed tofu, spiralina, nutritional yeast ( which is a good sub for parm. cheese.) boxed soy milk on my cereal. with a little creativity, you can eat gormet from dryed and canned foods, olive oil, and a saute' pan. pickled and cured things. I stay out there longer and live healthier on that diet. I get fat and lazy in town. Bragg's soy sauce and apple cider vinnager, baby carrots last for ever, Dip's made with tofu and herbs and stuff. I can go on and on and on. When you find the right lagoon to anchor in and have six months worth of supplies, it becomes your daily time passer thinking up combo's and recipe's. spear fishing looking for lobster and conch. I did have a 12 volt blender that I made smoothy's with boxed orange juice and spirilina, or chocolate soy milk and banana's. I'd bring a green stock of apple banan's out there and pick off it for the second week. Textuerd veggie protien marinated in A-1 sauce and served on mash potato's. canned and jarred asparugus, quick seared and served on canned chicken breast saute'd with capers, canned butter and white wine.maybe some penne pasta with that.............................................. ..