SailNet Community - View Single Post - My son's first 'car'...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: My son's first 'car'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Brian,

Too bad it's an inflatible, with a RIB you can get some nice neon green, purple, red or what ever color he likes and pimp that boat up by painting the glass.
You/he can still do that to the transom and engine - make it special and highly visible at the same time.
I would not go so far as to add some chrome work, but YMMV.

The exterior paints the make for hypalon and PVC boats is also a good deal, easy to apply and visually well worth the effort.

Don't worry about the nay-sayers - your kids probably have more time and experience driving dinghy's that most sailors do. I'm lucky to get a donzen hours of dinghy driving in during a season.
Already got the paint!!!! It is a flourescent orange and green (Bob Marley style). To be honest, it is to keep someone from stealing the motor and dink though. However, I feel sorry for the person that does steal that motor or tender... they are in for a real dissapointment!!

Thanks Chuckles!!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook