SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Truly amazing, Factual evidence met with ridicule.

The professionals have classified the Tall ships into classes. You have seen that. The professional organization welcome Tall shps in other classifications not just the "huge" Tall ships most of us thought were the only ones called tall ships. I was even with you about what I called a tall ship until I reasearched it and found the evidence I was wrong. Factual evidence.by a professional organization...now thats hard to dispute.

Worldwide this is a recognized way of classifying Tall Ships. People even have Rondevous and races on the Class B tall ships as I posted the one in Finland next year in July 2013. They are very proud the are part of the Tall Ships Community I am sure. Maybe they are not the huge square riggers, and the boats financed by governments, but they seem to represent and era of sailing which is vanishing. T those who continue to ridicule them and make fun of the concept of their boats you are insulting these people. You are not ridculing me you are riduculing them. Why would you do that?

I would bet that the members on the large Tall ships and many other in the Tall ship community do not subject them to the ridicule and insult you have just done here.
They may beleive they have the original named tall ships but they probably accept the differing classes. Ill bet they share commradiere amongst all the classes of these tall ships, as they are united as a group of purists who love and are passionate about sailing these vanishing ships of another era in the tradition of the way they were sailed. This is to be admired not ridulculed.

I know the Captain of the WITCHCRAFT who I have watch work on her for the last 10 years meticulously would not be amused by your insults and ridicule, nor would the 25 boats racing in Helsinki next year.

I am sorry this does not fit into your own definitions of a tall ship. Really doesnt change things or make a differnce, as the facts are the facts and their not going to change. I had to change my definition, which really meant all I had to do was expand what I thought and put the vessels in classes, because of what I found. Sparklepl3enty is really the one who made me think about it and research it, and I was suprised by the results, but i do understand why there are different classes of tall ships.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook