SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe

After all it seems Armel has not any problem. He have recovered and lost some distance over François maintaining about a 12Nm distance to François. Jean Pierre is also not losing miles maintaining the distance (80Nm). They are trying not to get caught by a high pressure center. Maybe François and Armel can make it.

I doubt Jean-Pierre can make it and if so he will lose many miles. Stamm that has fighting with a lot of problems will be screwed. He will not be able to escape to the low wind and Alex, having lost a lot of time repairing the rudder, is playing masterfully going North to surround the high pressure center and be sure he gets wind all the way.

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Stamm, fourth at 191 miles behind the leader, is in light winds, heavy rain and has been dealing with a set of repairs which have sapped his energy and tested his fortitude, but he has still held a pace with the leaders. Contacted this evening by Vendée Globe Radio with Pierre Louis Castelli, Stamm revealed he has been making repairs for several days. He has been deprived of the use of his coffee grinder winch, he has had to make a substantial sail repair and is trying to fix a failed hydrognerator.

The boat is quite fast, even though she could be even faster. If I had less technical issues to deal with, I could focus on sailing. But I can't, so it's frustrating.....

And in the light of these accumulated setbacks, Stamm continues to do a good job of staying with the lead group.

Day 33 highlights - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 por VendeeGlobeTV

Last edited by PCP; 12-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook