SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yet another new member
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012

Pdnesbitt is on a distinguished road
Yet another new member

I've been reading the forums for the last week or so and finally decided to make my first post. As some background, I have been a power boat guy my whole life, but recently got the sailing bug real bad.

I've been out on small cats quite a few times, and for the last five years I have been going on an annual week long sail off the coast of California, usually either to Catalina or the Channel Islands. One of the guys in the group is a certified sailor and we rent a 40-something Hunter, or Benneteau. But something happened this last trip and I came away from the trip wanting to really learn to sail and take trips to other regions.

I'm definitely going to take some classes and get my ASA certification, when the weather warms up again, I just haven't decided whether to take the classes on the Lake of the Ozarks, where I have a condo and my power boats, or take them in California, which is where I really want to sail more. Oh well, a few months more to decide.

Anyway, reading all I can, and getting videos on sailing from Netflix. Oh, and can't forget the wealth of information that this forum provides. Thank you all for the that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook