SailNet Community - View Single Post - What to do?
Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Re: What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post
It all sounds reasonable and you're definitely on the right track (welcome to Sailnet btw!), however to do it right you need to do it motorless. Your planned route is easy in a pure sailing vessel, no reason to complicate things.

Gun wise, I recommend black powder, you can't go wrong with the convenience of a muzzloader. .177 calibre is also good for fending off pirates, I like spring loaded single shots in that calibre personally.

Regarding anchors, any will do (just make sure you have good rope).

Fair winds, please don't forget to link your blog here so all can follow!
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Sounds like people think I am ok for anchors (that concrete in the paint can is a great idea. I bet I could make two from one bag of cement and be really well setup). Guess I should spend the extra money for weapons. What would you recommend for a budget of $100 (including some ammo of course)?

Who said anything about a motor? It is a sailboat isn't it? Braveheart, our new trusty vessel had a dead motor (Atomic powered I think), that's why it was so cheap. I hauled that sucker out pronto. Lot more room for kibble and stuff where the motor was.

About that midnight grill shopping, is that guy likely to be armed???