SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just picked up my 1967 Pearson Wanderer
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012
1968 Pearson Wanderer 30

ilikerust is on a distinguished road
Re: Just picked up my 1967 Pearson Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOSECALL View Post
Just bought a 66 wanderer. Hull number 5.
Cool! It's interesting to me to see the various differences in the boats. It seems that no two are the same, as they made lots of changes in the few years the Wanderer was in production and I'm guessing there also was a bit of customization possible based on the customer's requests. They were mostly handmade, really. My impression is that in their day, the early Pearsons were very nice boats.

I still have the original bill of sale for mine from 1968, and it sold for over $15,000 then. That is the equivalent of about $125,000 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOSECALL View Post
will be a beauty by this spring.
Heheheh.... get back to us on that. I said the same thing about mine - I was going to do a bunch of work on her and get it all done by Spring of 2011. It's never done - and I haven't even finished half the stuff I started last year...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook