SailNet Community - View Single Post - Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33

Anders,
You are cracking me up! You have rocks in your head! More power to you if you can afford a fleet of 4 boats.

Actually I think that you have an eye for boats. I also really like the look of the CD Typhoon. We had an informal race with one this past summer on the Hudson River. The Typhoon kept pace with us until we peeled off to head to our mooring after a race. I got a good look at it's lines and those cute round ports on the cabin. If I had to have a smaller boat the CD Typhoon would be near the top of my list but I'm on the east coast so I can't help you with finding a buyer.
The Pearson Ariel is also a boat I'd also consider owning. Both of these models are from the time when fiberglass boats were starting to make big inroads in the market. My Tartan 27' is like a distant cousin to both of them in some ways.

Good luck selling the CD Typhoon. Once she is sold you can fix up the SC 28' for your trip to Scandinavia and bring it around to the east coast. Once the SC 28' makes it to Norway you will have 3 boats in 3 different ports. Much more respectable!!!

I guess there is some money on metamorphic rocks, eh?

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook