SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wire Labeling So It Lasts
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Wire Labeling So It Lasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post

WalMart also carries the stuff, although apparently random models and tapes are stocked. Still isn't cheap but routinely cheaper than the office supply stores.
Yes the trick is the TZ tape. I figured that out on my own through experimentation. I have occasionally found 1/2" TZ at Wal*Marts larger "super stores" but not at their smaller locations.

With Staples if you are a "rewards member" you get a chronic and often offensive number of sale emails (3-4 per day). I grab it on sale or with an emailed 20% off coupon etc... Still far cheaper than the "electrical" labeling machines and their proprietary tapes even when you add in the cost of the clear shrink...

Amazon also has TZ tape with "Prime" shipping for under $16.00 for 26'.... 26' of TZ labels goes a long way... If you are not a Prime member I would highly recommend it. My wife and I are "Prime" junkies.

Amazon Prime is $79.00 per year but you get free Prime video streaming, free two day shipping for the entire year and $3.99 next day shipping on any "Prime" eligible product. We usually pay for our Prime membership in two or three orders.. We even ordered a kayak & paddle for our daughter than was delivered in two days with the "Prime" shipping.. They even give you a search button that allows "Prime Only" eligible products to show up in your searches. Other stores, for the SAME kayak and paddle, wanted $60.00 - $120.00 just to ship. The Amazon price was even better.... Amazon Prime for us is a STEAL!!!!

Staples Rewards is one of the few vendor "sale" emails, other than Tyler Tool, that I don't have blocked on my email list...

Just picked up an 18V Porter Cable 18V liIon 1/2 inch compact drill, compact impact driver and flashlight with charger and two batteries for $128.00 shipped. Can't touch those kinds of prices and Tyler Tool (now owned by CPO stores) has some KILLER deals... The deals have actually gotten better at Tyler since being purchased by CPO Stores in 2011. They have tons of great deals on refurb stuff too..... I buy a good chunk of my tools from Tyler...

Sorry for the rant on deals.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 12-14-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook