SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
European Boat of the year 2013 - Special class boats

Finally the much waited (at least by me) second part of that video about the 2013 European boat of the year regarding the three last classes, Performance cruisers, Multihull cruisers and Special category boats.

MOVIE:

Europas Yachten des Jahres

There are an incredibly high number of very good boats among the nominees and the choice will be very hard. Starting with the easiest category, especially now that the A27 had to retire from the competition (impossibility of having the boat available for testing on the location due to financial problems), the Special boat category:

Special boat category: J70, Bavaria B one and Seascape 27.

Three great boats, the J70, a top performance boat but considerable more expensive than the Bavaria. The difference in performance is not that big and with the difference in price you would buy the car to pull the boat. It will be hard to choice between the two. But I Think the winner would be the Seascape 27. It is not only a great sailing boat with incredible performances as it will also permits weekend cruising, swinging keel and all. An innovative concept by one of the most brilliant NA from the new generation (for many years a solo racer), Sam Manuard. Has he says on the movie, a sailboat should be funny to sail and hassle free. A lot of fun and boat for the money itís what I say.

Letís have a better look on these looking at some movies

We leave for other posts the two remaining categories: Performance cruisers and Multihull cruisers.

Last edited by PCP; 12-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook