SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 2gm2f no start after fueling
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: Yanmar 2gm2f no start after fueling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alechich View Post
Thanks Steady, i did download a yanmar manual for the engine but it doesn't go into mechanical detail. i'll be able to find the engine fuel filter/pump using it but don't know about the tank pump/screen etc. will get back in there and look real closely for it. i'm intrigued by the tank air vent issue though since the manual also mentioned it, though it's not part of the yanmar system and of course not shown. any idea where i should start looking for it, and if i find it how to figure out if it's clogged?
Thanks again.
If it only ran for a few seconds the problem isn't a clogged vent. Again, I can turn off the fuel at the tank, or start the engine with the valve closed, and my 2gm20 will run for several minutes before dying.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook