SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down New boats: Jaro 37, a new bluewater boat

This is a boat that can go very fast:

without sails

That's advertised as a kind of a bluewater MacGregor:

"If you are looking for a boat easy to manage in every condition, extremely confortable and customizable, able to drive you to the farest locations but that leave you convenience to moor it in the nearest port and finally a sailboat.

Thus born the true convertible boat, a boat with good sailing performance and able to navigate planning at more than 20 knots pushed by the engine power.

Boat has an innovative design and comfort is with no compromise:
open cockpit with foldable sofa, hydraulic pivoting keel with a minimum draft of 850 mm, dinette folding table, internet and mobile booster, watermaker, air conditioning system, integrated electronic instrument....

Classification RINA cat. B - 10 people
Loa 11,4 m
Beam max 3,65 m
Draft 2,35 / 0,85 m
Displacement (W.type) 4.950 Kg
Ballast 860 Kg
Mainsail 34,8 m2
Selftacking jib 29,5 m2
Gennaker 81,0 m2
Engine: Volvopenta D3D 200 Hp
Porpeller VP Aquamatic DPS
Fuel tank 270 L
Black & Grey water tank 40 L
Fresh water tank 120 L

The boat is very light if we consider that it has an heavy 200hp engine. I guess that is possible because this boat has an incredible low B/D ratio (17%), so low that had not passed the EC certification for a class A boat and is a B class boat (a well designed 30ft sailboat can pass an A certification). The category boat limits the boat to a Force 8 and 4m waves.

And even so they advertise the boat as: "easy to manage in every condition, ... able to drive you to the farest locations "

I have seen many ridiculous statements regarding sailboats but I guess this one beats them all. Obviously this boat would not be capable of rising from a knock down and contrary to a multihull ,that has a huge righting moment and is very difficult to capsize due to their huge beam, this boat has a beam that would not be considered big even considering performance cruisers.

Note that I am not saying that is a badly designed boat for what was designed to do (it seems that it even sails reasonably well) but regarding the program the shipyard advertises it to be suited for.

There are some details that are just unbelievable: In a boat that has a very limited stability (for a sailboat) why the hell did they impoverish more that already weak stability with a radar high on the mast and not have it lower in a pole on the transom?

The boat has a nice interior.

Last edited by PCP; 12-16-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook