SailNet Community - View Single Post - longer than stuff lasts in a frige
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Re: longer than stuff lasts in a frige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
There are a few things that will drag me back to town after a few months anchored out in the middle of no where. Sometimes I just want to sit in a Bar and people watch, play some pool with freinds and have a laugh. But an even greater pull is my craving for a steak. There is a recipe for canned steak and onions I've found on line by some dude up on Big Turtle Creek. Any body doing Long passages with no freezer, or people like me who crawl up into Back country lagoons in Mexico or Belize for months at a time, Know this craving well. I plan to try this recipe out when I get back to land next week, and serve it on day six during my up coming voyage to Honduras in april. I'll let Ya'll know how it turned out. Or, if I poison my self, I'll leave instructions not to try this at home. Normally I stick with a vegatarian diet as far as preserved foods, supplimented with fresh fish, lobster and conch, a side from the canned chicken and ham and tuna which only I break out when My body is calling for protien beyond the eggs and tofu, and other soy products. But steak is my weekness and many times I've cut adventures short to satify the craving. Often I'm saying to myself, "If I had a steak I could of stayed out there another month."
You can definitely pressure can steak. Seering the steak is just as important with pressure canning as it is when you normally fix a steak.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook