SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountydaughter View Post
This situation has not been criticized by all of the mariner community. Not ALL tall ship captains have spoken out against his decision. The ones who do speak against him are the ones that get the attention. We can agree to disagree but I do not think that one decision, regardless of the outcome defines a person as reckless, foolish or egotistical. No one will ever know what was exactly going through his mind when he made that decision but I can tell you that it was a thought out decision based on experience. As a man and a captain this is how Robin was.
I have edited the last post (when you where posting this one) adding a comment basically to say that i am very sorry for not share with you the same views on this matter. Again, I am truly sorry for your loss and I will try not to reply to anything you say unless you refer directly to what was said already on this thread.

One last comment to say that if not all Tall ship Captains made public statements about Bounty's captain to sail out of port to an hurricane, all that talked showed disapproval about that decision. If that was a debatable decision it would be natural that many would come forward defending Bounty's Captain decision. After all he was one of them and nobody likes to see "one of us" unjustifiably blamed.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook