SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountydaughter View Post
chef2sail, I ask that you practice what you preach:
"I would assume she is not a family member, but is merely a former crew/cult member based on her apparent departure from reality and lack of logic in reasoning."
How is this not trashing me? First, I can tell you that you assume wrong. I have already stated that I am Captain Walbridge's daughter. I can also assure you that I have a firm grip on reality and I am not lacking in logic. I am insulted by your term "cult member" as Robin did not run a cult. I am sure that anyone ever associated with the Bounty would also be insulted by that remark.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am here to express mine. Most opinions here are not based in fact or knowledge. You are entitled to them nonetheless. My opinions are based on the fact that I knew the man which none of you can say.
Bounty daughter I think if you go back and reread this you will see that I was posting stuff which others have said in previous threads as well as recently about you by Jamewilson which I found offensive to be posted about you. I was defending you and had put his quote in there as is normal in postings here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29
I doubt a trained therapist could even guess what would be the best way for a particular individual to work out her grief. Obviously she voluntarily chose to participate in a particularly heated discussion about a controversial topic. No one is forcing her to post here.

Perhaps challenging her irrational beliefs will help her recover from this atrocity, and save her life someday in the future. I would assume she is not a family member, but is merely a former crew/cult member based on her apparent departure from reality and lack of logic in reasoning.

Here is the irrational thought process (which some of the Sailnet members seem to have adopted too):

1. Capt. Walbridge was experienced, well-liked and respected.

2. His crew would follow him anywhere. (And we should respect their opinion even though most on this listserv have more sailing and boat maintenance experience. [Riding as a passenger on a ship in the ocean and pulling on a halyard when instructed does not qualify one for much of anything].)

3. Therefore, Capt. Walbridge could not have done anything as monumentally stupid and reckless as sailing a poorly-maintained movie prop out into one of the largest storms in maritime history against the better judgment of almost every experienced mariner and professional captain with an ounce of common sense, thus causing the death of one innocent woman in his care and endangering dozens of people.

4. If only we could blame or invent something other than his obviously poor judgment as the root cause of this atrocity, thus we need to wait for the results of an investigation.
I have been a defender of you dad Robin all along and did/ do not like seeing them attack you either. I know you can standup for yourself.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook