SailNet Community - View Single Post - Atlantic Marine Hot Water Tank and Fresh Water Winterization
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Atlantic Marine Hot Water Tank and Fresh Water Winterization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcneuro View Post
So I winterized the freshwater system on my Bristol 40 yesterday. Normally on my previous B 32 I would have (easily) blown compressed air throw each line and then drain the hot water tank and the job was done. I tired that on this boat and no matter how I tried I could not get the tank to drain. We disconnected both the inlet and the outlet, we forced air in the outlet which is above the inlet, and nothing came out. Anyone have a tank Iike this? It was made by Atlantic, whom I can't find online other than an address and a phone number which does not work. The instructions which came with the boat say to undo the inlet and open a faucet for air an the unit should drain. It didn't.

Thoughts?
Atlantic Marine is long gone.. Just like any hot water heater drain off the lowest tapping, usually the cold water inlet, while cracking open the T&P valve. You may still have the check valve in the piping and that is likely the reason you can't blow it out... Don't forget to bypass the FW pipes (remove from tank and connect hot to cold) and suck AF into them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook