SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

How does one become a former steparent
I am on my second marriage. Since the step relationship is created solely by marriage to the child's biological parent, a divorce would sever the relationship IMO, although the IRS and others may disagree, and the relationship between stepparents and stepchildren is as varied and complex as people are.

I was not interested in sharing my personal life as much as revealing that I have some experience with that relationship.

I am not challenging anyone, passive-aggressively or not, merely sharing my observations and viewpoints, as I have yet to draw a conclusion on this matter. I support everyone's right to post whatever and however they choose, but I do not necessarily accept everything on this forum at face value.

You could be a little less personal in your attacks on ideas in this forum. I actually like you, respect your sailing experience, and enjoy reading your point of view, although I often disagree. Ever since your return from your late summer sailing trip, you have been on the attack against other members here.

Personally, I believe you could use a greater sailing challenge than your usual routine next year. A trip to Bermuda, perhaps, might make you less frustrated and hostile? There is nothing like scaring the bejesus out of yourself once in awhile.

Last edited by jameswilson29; 12-17-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook