SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't need no lessons..just go..
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012
Jimmy Buffett 4 Prez 2016

TerralTheSeeker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TerralTheSeeker
Cool Re: Don't need no lessons..just go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttosail View Post
This thread is great and highly encouraging. Being someone with no experience at sailing it is good to hear that many of you think the easiest way to learn is to just go do it. It sounds like as long as your cautious and take your time it is pretty achievable.
I now know, after years of waiting for just the right boat and moment and the stars to align etc., that I should have just bought a cheap but sailable boat even if it was just a 12 to 19 footer - something I could have done years ago - and get on the water to start sailing.

Now that I'm in a sailing club and get in at least eight hours a week, I realize how much time I wasted - how many sunrises and sunsets I could have witnessed offshore rather than from land.

Most of all, I kick myself for thinking that it would be much harder than it actually is.

It's turned out to be one of the easiest and most pleasurable (and addictive) of things.

Don't wait around. Get SOMETHING, even if it's just a sailing dinghy - a grill, portapotty, and 50-inch big screen tv go perfect on an 8-foot dinghy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please Help - Boatless War Vet
Will Grind For Beer
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook