SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
This is either disingenuous or you have completely changed your mind like Rick ( Takefive) said some people would.
No, I did not change of opinion regarding the facts. The one that keep changing of opinion his you. You, as usual, are taking unfounded conclusions about what I have said. I am talking about the letter. You should read better what I post before posting nonsense. I said to Bountydaughter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
...Regarding that letter, that was posted in the Facebook and then on Sailnet not on this thread but here:

An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

You can find all the discussion regarding that letter not on this thread but on the one that I posted above.

Your mother and yourself would be glad to know that ( even if most of us don't understand why the captain set sail and setting sail why he did not evade the hurricane or look for shelter on several possible ports) the position regarding that letter was quite unanimous. Almost everybody, including me, felt and said that it was not a way to express an opinion much less from someone that says it was a friend of your father.
I have said about that letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowinstink
Except the amateurs found appropriate ways of expressing those opinions. I read it again this morning and I am just as disgusted as after my first pass last night. Whatever the substance, I don't know how anyone can defend the manner in which he attacks the deceased Captain of the Bounty

Specially if, as it was stated by the OP, the Captain was a friend of his.

I can easily dispense such a kind of friends

...I am referring to the author of the article posted on the Facebook. The author was supposedly a friend of the Bounty's captain and what I am saying is that I don't consider that someone should talk like that about a deceased friend, even if he had made mistakes...

... have understood and agreed if he expressed factually is opinion in an official inquiry if the opinion was asked to him, but without solicitation posting on the face book his opinion, that in my opinion is essentially truth, not in a factual way but with pomposity reveals bad taste and in my opinion not a great character. I maintain that I prefer not having friends like him....

I am saying that a friend (the author of that article on the facebook) should not have publicly said those things the way he did about a friend, even if they were basically true. No colored glasses here, except if they were red ones, no loyalty either...and I would say a strange kind of friendship displayed.

I think that only you cannot see that clearly I don't agree with the way that opinion was expressed. I am starting to be used to that. Clearly you have difficulty in understanding what I post.

Quote:
You have since the 8th post, posted harshly against the Captain. prejudged him and spoke vehemenly about him personally without cause.

Questioning his decisions is one thing this is another., You have either agreed with or called him a jackass, irresponsible, or an idiot. You posted harsh opinions you found in the proifessional gCaptain site, similar to Jan Miles, and just as harsh time and time again to prove you points. Quite possibly he saw that and thought his would be appropriate here.
yes, of course, I do agree with the Jan Miles (and the other Tall ship Captains) about the accident and the responsibility of Bounty's Captain regarding it. What I have disagreed is in the way he expressed it.

I never called the Captain jackass or idiot. I don'y use that kind of language and don't insult people. I said that he had taken an idiotic decision. That is not the same as calling him an idiot. Even the brighter among us take from time to time idiotic decisions. You say that I call him Jackass and idiot because I, like other reputable members, have liked the posts where he was qualified as that, and that is just ridiculous. When one likes a post that does not mean that we would use the same language that was used by the poster but that we globally agree with the meaning of the post, not with the exact terms used.

I never used the term Jackass and I have the opinion that has a Professional Captain he was irresponsible not only this time but in all other times that he sailed hurricanes (as it was stated by him, his wife and the crew). Yes I consider irresponsible a Captain that sails a XVIII century designed wooden boat ship to "get a good ride out of a hurricane".

It seems that you think nobody has the right to have a different opinion than the one you have. Of course I may be wrong and a Captain that does that kind of stunt, with that kind of boat, may be considered by some as a prudent Captain, as all good captains should be, but not by me.

Quote:
You have been far from polite to her father in your posts. having an opinion is one thing...expressing it harshly is another....then stating you were not part of the impolitness.... is even another. You have the right to post whatever you want and have your opinion. Below are exerpts from some of the posts and I only went as far as #555.

You have also agreed and signified that you liked the following posts
[B]Quote:
Didn't the idots in charge monitor the weather for the past week? The owners should be billed for the rescue- psoed by Sawwhet..I agree with that. posted by PCP.
Quote:
If you have read the posts on the listerv long enough, you will already have realized there is no shortage of fools who take to the sea as an escape. Do not risk your life on someone who does not demonstrate common sense and sound judgment.I am beginning to see a pattern on the listserv. After every major storm, we do a play by play on some jackass who decides to leave port immediately prior to the arrival of the storm. Who is going to be next unfortunate victim?
Quote:
There is no rush to judgment. No further investigation will ever portray this captain as wise, careful or cautious, given what we already know about his decision-making in the circumstances. We are not required to search for a superceding cause to exonerate him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawWhet
Didn't the idots in charge monitor the weather for the past week? The owners should be billed for the rescue.

Quote:
If you have read the posts on the listerv long enough, you will already have realized there is no shortage of fools who take to the sea as an escape. Do not risk your life on someone who does not demonstrate common sense and sound judgment.

I am beginning to see a pattern on the listserv. After every major storm, we do a play by play on some jackass who decides to leave port immediately prior to the arrival of the storm. Who is going to be next unfortunate victim?

Quote:
There is no rush to judgment. No further investigation will ever portray this captain as wise, careful or cautious, given what we already know about his decision-making in the circumstances. We are not required to search for a superceding cause to exonerate him.
James Wilson Post 264 liked PCP
This is absolutely ridiculous. You quoted a great number of post made by other posters that don't think like you and are trying to make a process of opinion. I have been polite in my posts and the fact that I do not agree with you does not mean I should be refrained to have opinions and express them, specially when they are agreed by many.

You say that I and Casey liked those posts but forget to say that many other reputable posters like them either. As I have said, liking a post means not necessarily that we would have used the same words but that we liked the global meaning.

Quote:
IMHO I think this thread should be locked now. Going after Bountydaughter was the last straw. ...
Nobody is going after Bountydaughter and I guess that only you can imagine that.

We know that you think this thread should be closed. You said that many times and still you keep posting. It seems that the main reason you want it closed is because the global opinion about the subject is different from the one you have. I don't like neither the intent of shutting down other opinions that diverge from yours, neither the intimidation processes that you try to use on me and others for that propose.

You have misquoted me again and I hope this time you would apologize. It was not me that had said this:

Quote:

You have personally made statements about him like:
Quote:
No further investigation will ever portray this captain as wise, careful or cautious, given what we already know about his decision-making in the circumstances.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-18-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook