SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

I have a recollection of a jury I sat on once. We were 11 guilty to 1 undecided, deadlocked. It was painful. Juror #3 kept asking for testimony to be read back, reenactments in the jury room, etc. It started very healthy and all jurors, including me, really wanted to hear another point of view. It became obvious, after an entire day, that Juror #3 wanted attention and we were just lapping over old ground. I suggested to my fellow jurors (privately) that we just sit still and not say a thing. If juror #3 wanted to speak, we would answer, but not push the conversation. We literally sat silent for 5 minutes, which feels like an eternity. The next word spoken was from Juror #3 and she said, "I guess you are all right", he's guilty. (Felony assault, by the way).

For those that want this thread to stop, I highly suggest you not continue to provide fodder to discuss. Those that wish to continue the topic of Bounty, will do so, but I'm certain will faded out faster. Most of the last couple of hundred posts have only been debating whether we should post at all. Ironically, it those that want it to stop that have given ongoing life to the thread. Think about it. Or reply, but I warned you......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook