SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for sailing destinations on Lake Erie
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012

ABH3 Boyer is on a distinguished road
Looking for sailing destinations on Lake Erie

I am looking for some places to sail to next summer. I will be leaving out of Buffalo. This will be my 2nd year on a sailboat but I have many years of boating and boat ownership. As a motor boater I never went any farther than sunset bay and that was only a few times. Now with a well equipped 26 foot sloop I feel like I could go anywhere. I most likely will be looking to bring my Wife, and 2 girls 9&11 years old, with for the trips and would prefer to be no longer than 1 or 2 days at sea. I also dont think I want to go through the hassle of going through customs so Canada is out for now. My wife hasnt spent any real time at sea and gets sea sick if she dosnt take something for it. She didnt have any problems with the power boat. Something about the motion of the sailboat is bothering her. Thats the reason for the short time frame. I think if she gets some time out in the open lake, away from all the wakes and choppyness of the harbor, she will become more comfortable and enjoy sailing quite a bit more. Anyone have any good destinations for me?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook