SailNet Community - View Single Post - *Thinking* about a bigger, better boat
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: *Thinking* about a bigger, better boat

Yep, for that dollar and that year range, you will be looking at a production boat. I have sailed and like the Catalina 36. Reasonably fast and fun to sail. The 34 can be a better performer but I like the comfort of the 36 better. A bene Oceanis series is also worth looking at. Honestly, if you don't mind the tighter beam, I really like the first series. However, I would not want to cruise on one. The c36 is a boat I would take cruising.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook