SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
So after all it seems that you have changed of opinion and don't agree with this anymore?

"Nothing found will take away from Walbrifges responsibility. It will just maybe add other causitive factors to the events of the day or days...."

Paulo
I still agree with the opinion that he shouldnt have left. That he had that responsibility. He made the call. Even if the company put pressure on him he had alternatives. I dont know what he was thinking and never will. My opinion is he will be held responsible for leaving the dock.

However I have said their were other factors which caused this also which may play into this. That maybe this ship would have sunk had not other things happened. He made it most of the way except he got pinned at Hatteras the graveyard of the Atlantic.

I await as more fact become available, but my standards for facts may differ from others so I still reserve my final judgement until some things have been investigated more thoroughly. This ship was in heavy weather before it appears...so why this time?

I still beleive I have always said that there are other things responsible for this tragedy.

We have actually agreed more than you think all along. I just refuse to call things facts which arent challenged and vetted. I also may have tried lkess to come up with conclusions or judgements yet. Most of where we have duisagreed has been about that. Challanging you facts and judgements.

I am still willing to keep learning as I have in this thread about something I never gave much thought to before. And you have done a lot of research and brought a lot of different angles into it for which I thank you. I just dont always agree with the conclusions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook