SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Agree 100 percent. Minnie's summary is grossly unfair to those of us who merely want to wait to hear more real facts. I do not understand why he feels the need to belittle and mock that position.
Well gee, TF. No intent to belittle and mock. Sorry.

I am trying to make the point that it is convenient to dismiss everything until some government authority tells you what they think.

There was a hit and run accident near my home last year. The guy that ran turned himself in the next day. All that saw him the night before at the bar, knew he was drunk, including his friends. It seems clear that he ran to avoid a DUI conviction. The victim was hurt, but not killed. He ultimately settled a lesser charge below fleeing the scene, but the authorities were not able to conclude, without a breathalizer or blood test, that he was actually drunk.

Official investigations are restrained. They do not include all the facts. That young ladies family knows this very well.

Personally, I dismiss the idea that these authorities are always right, or will even bother vetting half the things we are discussing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook