SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

What I cant understand also is that why many of you arent looking for the other people who are and may be responsibile here.

Your focus on Walbridge and almost tunnel vison approach may be blinding you from focusing in on the other culprits here the owners

Its almost like a Law and Order Episode. Who said follow the money in a previous post. Thats a smart idea

Who stood the most to loose if the ship sank
Who stood the most to loose if the ship didnt get to St Pete
Who had the power to short cut the maintainence issues
Who had the power to spend more money and hire more experienced crew
Who has remained totally silent
Who made the decisions on outfitting the boat, quality of materials, pumps'
Why isnt the owner upset that this " irresponsible captain" acted on his own and sank
his ship and why has he not spoke out.
Answer to all these questions is the man with the money..the owner

Beware the man behind the screen pulling the strings who you can not see. It is to his advantage that the Captain takes the whole enchilada of blame and responsibility

Usually in liability cases % of responsibility is assigned

The inquirey will ask the questions under oath then we will know MORE of the facts. My intuition (which is MHO) is that you will be suprised somewhat. The main reason...noine of us..including me can understand why a experienced man would do this on his own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 12-19-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook