SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is this pro wiring?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012
Superior Sailor

Squidd is on a distinguished road
Re: Is this pro wiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L124C View Post
You may be right. But if I was paying for the installation, I would take one look at the wiring and ask "Did you actually expect to get paid for this? Try again!" Kind of speaks to the seller's apparent disregard for the boat, which is the main reason I'm on the fence.
So, you don't even think this is a Beta Panel (had a A-4 previously)? Here is a picture of the other side and a shot of the main panel, most of which I don't have a problem with, though I would certainly identify everything. Once again... gotta LOVE the Access!
Are we looking at the same thing here...?

In the second shot (main panal back) your looking at 20-30 year old wireing, crimp connected on to a coroded metal strip with no insulation and a couple "newer" wires ran in and added on....

And for the most part your "OK" with that...?

In the first shot I think we're looking at new gauge backs with a factory made (probably robot) multi lead wire harness (large black wire) with factory "quick connects" to make your repower "plug and play" .... that's why it's not all "L" bent and labled...

The open access to the backs are also a 20-30 year old design issue and not part of the current install...

Last edited by Squidd; 12-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook