SailNet Community - View Single Post - Improvised Repairs
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: Improvised Repairs

At a good pharmacy you can buy bags of fiberglass plaster for broken bones.... Its an emergency repair for lots of things includinh burst hoses.

. I havent used it yet, nor do i want to, but it shows you theres many things you can buy that have multiple uses. Duct tape, the good stuff, is very expensive and leaves a horrible mark, but as an emergency tape for hateches and stuff, just great.

Wardrobe doors or cabin doors can be cut and screwed directly into the. Fiberglass in emergency.

Sail reparis for me are never sail repair tape as its too thin, too expensive. I use normal sailcloth and a litre can of contact cement. Might look a bit shitty but works!

Keep odd bits and pieces. They can be great for weird fixes.

When i have a problem at sea i dont just jump into the first most obvious fix. I sit dawn and have a think about it for an hour or so and usually a better idea comes. There are few things that need an instant fix, just secure whats flogging and have a think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarkofSeaLife; 12-20-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook