SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
Speaking of how sailing ships of the past handled differently, I wonder how the scaled up movie set model of the Bounty handled differently than the original?
This keeps gettting referred to which again conjures up an assumption not a FACT that the boat was built in a substandard way. You almost have everyone beliving they went sailing off in a cardboard version of a ship with toilet paper sails. Facts man facts not hysterial statements.

So where is the proof Lancelot....what expert says Bounty was than? We all know it was builit for a movie, so what, look at the other BOounty builkt for a movie ....I am not talking about how it was maintained....I am talking about the build quality and the sailability of the vessel when it ws built and when it was first used. Fron what I understand they used the exact British Navy plans only increased the length so it would be able toi be used for filming.

I am also including a link to the other movie set Bounty....the one built in NZ at a cost of @4,000,000. Do you know for a FACTthat the one bulit in NS was any different. This one appears to have been well made and is still in service.

HMAV Bounty

BTW if you rummage through the site there is some intersting reads and logs from Jamie White ( the square rigger) about his boat Torea and Jaho a Tahitian ketch which he sailed in large winds and seas. Either way an interesting read

http://fosbery.tripod.com/areflx/jaho-1.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook