SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhunter View Post
The Bounty built in New Zealand (Bounty III) had a steel hull. It had twin turbo diesels with almost twice the power of the engines on the Bounty II. Seems like major differences between the two ships. Can't find specs on Bounty II so don't know if had the same length on deck, beam and draught as the original.
Yes I saw that. Exactley my point. My point was really so was the NZ one.

It looks like it was made well. Much has been made of the the NS made Bounty being made as a movie prop, and on that basis alone many one here continue to ridicule it. On what basis I am not sure as I await one of them to provide expertise or experts stating it was not made to sail. Had restrictions. Tolerances less than say the original Bounty. The danger of the glib statement without fact is that after a while people begin to beleive its a fact. It gets a life of its own. Even some of the most respected posters on Sailnet have refered to it this way.

So who checked out their FACTS brfore posting and ridiculing Bounty as a movie prop?. You would figure that was done before you posted against it, and formed an opinon but there is silence right now as people are scrambling to find some facts to back up what they have been saying all along.

Usually you have the facts before you say something. When you dont and you judge something like because it was used in a movie it was inferior, a prop but you cant prove it....its called a rush to judgement.

Even if you find some mountain of information now and try and interrpret it now it wont change that, as you did it after the fact. Its a thought process.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook