SailNet Community - View Single Post - Passport 41
Thread: Passport 41
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012

Irunbird is on a distinguished road
Passport 41

I've been watching this boat for the past 2 years or so, and it's still perhaps 3 or 4 years before my wife and I would be serious about buying something for long term cruising, but this one keeps taunting me. It's one of the few affordable Passports that I think suits us for a number of reasons- it's simple, it's big enough (and certainly a well-proven design), but one nice feature- it has a sugar-scoop stern, which just about all the others (P-40 and P-42) don't have. Installing windvane gear would be a bit of a challenge, but we would love the access to and from the water/dinghy you get with that type of stern design. But what is up with this boat? It disappeared for a few months last year, and I thought someone had bought it. It's the only one out there (at least from what I can tell from searching other boat selling sites), but can anyone tell from the info listed if there are noteworthy issues without flying all the way up to the PNW and doing a survey or contacting Uncle Bob? I haven't called the broker- I'm sure he'd hang up if I told him my timeline... I realize this boat may require a ton of refitting to get it ready.

Here's the yachtworld listing:
1989 Passport 41 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Ray

Last edited by Irunbird; 12-20-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook