SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012

NCC320 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

A ~90 ft ship (originally) becomes a ~120 ft. ship because it was built from same plans? If built from same plans, it would be ~90 ft. If it is stretched in someway to 120 ft, it's not the same ship. The forces acting at sea on a 90 ft. ship and a 120 ft. ship are different. Therefore, did they hold all the dimensions just the same except put in a 30 ft extension. If designed correctly, it would be a complete redesign, structures thoughout the ship would have to be different to take into consideration the different forces. And it wasn't built like the original one.....there is that stuff about a special deck/platform built in for camera equipment. Back to the Bounties....the last one mentioned (the steel hull one) is so different that it has no relationship other than outward appearance to Walbridge's Bounty. And Walbridge's Bounty was a movie prop, destined to be destroyed as part of the movie process.....now guys, I don't care what it costs, I want the ship for this movie built exactly like the original one, no matter that we are going to burn it when the movie is finished...it's just money after all. And oh yeah, make it a good bit longer so that we'll have more room, and I need special decks below. Also, let's put in some engines, pumps, generators, and lots of other stuff in there.....but be sure to keep it exactly the same as the original, no matter what it costs.

Last edited by NCC320; 12-20-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook