SailNet Community - View Single Post - Product Reviews
Thread: Product Reviews
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012

L124C is on a distinguished road
Oh no...say it ain't so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugosa View Post
Had 2 of those lights, bought at Costco in Canada for $29.99 each. Great ergonomics, size, range, brightness. BUT neither one would recharge after about 4 months. Used them when showing houses, never had them wet. I'm rating them 0 out of 5 stars.
Yikes! I was afraid of that, but thought battery technology had advanced enough to avoid that old problem. I understand that Costco has such volume, that name brands manufacture products "especially" for them to achieve their price points (hence, the 33% discount). Don't know if it's true, but given the favorable reviews I've seen on the light, including one in this thread, maybe thats the case. If not, I'll be sure to post about it, just after I return the light to Lowe's!
Edit: Sure enough....The light no longer takes a charge. Called Stanley and they said I could return it (of course). Asked the rep it the light was problematic. He said "no...I have one myself". Yeah...right! Too bad. Other than the fact it no longer works, it's a nice light!

Last edited by L124C; 04-17-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook