SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Both the documents you have posted have been posted already on this thread, The one with the inspections by someone from the Bounty organization to show that the boat had been inspected frequently.

I asked if those inspections were made regarding the boat being a dock attractions or if not to what those inspections refer. I am still waiting for the answer.

Regarding the 1998 incident, that as I said was already posted an discussed here, even if something similar may have happen it is good to remember that the condition of the vessel in 2012 had nothing with its condition in 1998. The ship had been completely remade.

However, as I have pointed earlier, it seems to me that a contributing cause can have been the abandon of the diesel pumping system as the main system and his substitution for a not independent system (hydraulic) run directly by the engines.

In fact it was not made yet clear what was now the main pumping system: the electric one or the hydraulic one? and what was the back up system.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-21-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook