SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012

sparklepl3nty is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
As to special qualifications, I am just saying that in such matters, an engineer (retired) probably knows more than a chef as to structural and design issues....neither being qualified in the sense of being a naval architect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Another one of your assumptions. I have a BA in Political Science, a BA in Psychology and an MA in Political Science not that it means I am any more qualified than a chef. I currently am in charge of operations totalling44 Million dollars..
In its own way its a perjoritive statement, an example of a sterotyping and elitist thinking and insight into your character. I will be sure I forward to a few of my chef friends on the forum. one who is opne of my best friends T37chef as maybe they would care to know they are considered less than engineers. How sad a statement.
Oh for god's effing sake, grow a pair, Chef!
He was referring to his own understanding of "structural and design issues" and that as an engineer probably knew more than a chef ABOUT said issues. He NEVER said chefs were lesser than engineers, merely that they were more knowledgeable about structure and design.

If you want something to confuse you, one of my most esteemed colleagues is both trained as a chef and an engineer, and killer at both.. but I would never say he was smarter than the both of you. In part because I know nothing more than your statements and what information you have provided on Sailnet.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook