SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 2gm2f no start after fueling
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012

alechich is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Yanmar 2gm2f no start after fueling

Thanks all again! I changed the primary and engine fuel filters (and cleaned very dirty air cleaner); the primary lower housing was a mess so even though the marina service records from the prior owner showed annual maint. they obviously didn't do a great job at least lately. I'm having trouble bleeding the system at the engine fuel filter as described on line (have ordered a seloc manual), no matter how hard and long I pump the manual lever at the fuel pump. Not sure which nut on top of the filter is the bleeder but I did both anyway (not together of course) and could get no fuel to flow. What does this mean, does anyone know? I haven't tried to crack the nuts at the injectors while operating the starter yet to bleed from there, since apparently I should be able to bleed first from the filter. I don't know how specific the seloc manual will be on that, and though I feel like I'm beginning to learn this engine a little I'm blocked here and would appreciate any further help. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook