SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
post #151 of Old 12-22-2012
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Originally Posted by PCP View Post
It seems that there are basically to class of liveaboards:

The ones that went to live in a boat because that's the only way they had to finance a boat and get away with their dream, meaning to sail to wonderful paces and voyage.

The ones that chose to live in a boat because that's cheaper or a better option regarding to live in a house. These ones are not necessarily sailors neither they sail or voyage except occasionally when it is needed or demanded by the marina.>
I think you are missing the obvious class of people that simply prefer to liveaboard their boat, over being a landlubber. Put us in this category. While I would prefer to have no expenses either way, if I have to choose, I would rather need a new set of sails over a new roof any day. With the sails, I can't wait to get out and give them a run. I'm not having a party waiting for the next time it rains with a new roof.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome