SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
It seems that there are basically to class of liveaboards:

The ones that went to live in a boat because that's the only way they had to finance a boat and get away with their dream, meaning to sail to wonderful paces and voyage.

The ones that chose to live in a boat because that's cheaper or a better option regarding to live in a house. These ones are not necessarily sailors neither they sail or voyage except occasionally when it is needed or demanded by the marina.>
I think you are missing the obvious class of people that simply prefer to liveaboard their boat, over being a landlubber. Put us in this category. While I would prefer to have no expenses either way, if I have to choose, I would rather need a new set of sails over a new roof any day. With the sails, I can't wait to get out and give them a run. I'm not having a party waiting for the next time it rains with a new roof.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook