SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I think you are missing the obvious class of people that simply prefer to liveaboard their boat, over being a landlubber. Put us in this category. While I would prefer to have no expenses either way, if I have to choose, I would rather need a new set of sails over a new roof any day. With the sails, I can't wait to get out and give them a run. I'm not having a party waiting for the next time it rains with a new roof.
Maybe you are right but I guess that there are sailors that have money for new sails, several boats and several houses (I am not one of them)

Anyway, living exclusively in a boat, being it a small small boat or a yacht is always a personal choice that can be motivated by money or personal choice.

That term, landlubber is a term I don' like. Do you think that the best world sailors are landlubbers? They stay many months on the sea, living in a boat, like the ones that are doing the Vendee Globe, but they do not live in a boat. They have a house in land. Landlubbers? I don't think so.

Landlubber? If we compare the ones that lives in a boat and rarely sail to the one that lives in the boat some months a year and travel thousands of miles, who do you think is the landlubber?

Maybe we should call the first docklubbers?

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook