SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
post #152 of Old 12-22-2012
PCP

Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I think you are missing the obvious class of people that simply prefer to liveaboard their boat, over being a landlubber. Put us in this category. While I would prefer to have no expenses either way, if I have to choose, I would rather need a new set of sails over a new roof any day. With the sails, I can't wait to get out and give them a run. I'm not having a party waiting for the next time it rains with a new roof.
Maybe you are right but I guess that there are sailors that have money for new sails, several boats and several houses (I am not one of them)

Anyway, living exclusively in a boat, being it a small small boat or a yacht is always a personal choice that can be motivated by money or personal choice.

That term, landlubber is a term I don' like. Do you think that the best world sailors are landlubbers? They stay many months on the sea, living in a boat, like the ones that are doing the Vendee Globe, but they do not live in a boat. They have a house in land. Landlubbers? I don't think so.

Landlubber? If we compare the ones that lives in a boat and rarely sail to the one that lives in the boat some months a year and travel thousands of miles, who do you think is the landlubber?

Maybe we should call the first docklubbers?

Regards

Paulo
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome