SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bilge pump non return valve.
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Bilge pump non return valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Rating these pumps at charging voltages and OPEN BUCKET (no head) rates IS FRAUD but that is how its done. I hate these pumps but people don't want to pay for a real bilge pump when you give them the quote.
That kind of fake rating is common in many industries. Air compressor motors are frequently rated at the point the motor burns out, stereos used to be rated at "peak music power", lots of electrical tools & appliances have phoney ratings.

Technically it isn't fraud if it can actually do it - the fact that the device melts or otherwise self destructs at that point is a fact not considered by the law.

Quick rule of thumb for electrical devices - 7 amps is roughly equivalent to one HP on 110 voltage. If they don't declare the amperage, either don't buy it or assume they are "lying" about the HP.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook