SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello!! Saling newbies from Kentucky!!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello!! Saling newbies from Kentucky!!

Hey Magnolia , Cave Run is Off I-64 Near Morehead ,KY. It is the better lake for sailing in East KY. It does have the twin Knobs and a lot of cliffs. This makes for some interesting wind shifts. The rest of the lakes Laural, Cumberland have more motor boat traffic and large high cliffs in many areas. The Cave run sailing club has some nice pictures on the web sight. I am not sure of all the ww/ stuff but this should get you close cave run sailing www CRSA . org ? My FJ is a 13ft dingy that has a main,jib and spinnaker. It is old and I am working on it. It sets up faster than my Catalina-22 and will fit in the very small lakes minutes from me. I am using the FJ and the Catalina to learn. You can find a lot of pictures and history on the FJ. I had a Sunfish for the small lakes and miss it. I am going to look up your boat on the internet. Boats are so much fun. They build them for so many different types of use. How you adapt a boat to fit your needs is the best part. Did you find yours in KY.? Take care ,Lou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook