SailNet Community - View Single Post - The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!

A strong cold front ripped through the Florida Keys two days ago, bringing with it a 30-degree drop in temperature. Believe me when I tell you that 52-degrees is brutally cold for us old codgers who seem to have rapidly become accustomed to temperatures in the upper 70s. The accompanying winds with the frontal passage compounded the cold weather problem, causing the waves in Boot Key to rise to nearly two feet at one point. This makes it difficult to make dinghy passages from boats to the marina, but there were some brave souls that pounded through the waves wearing parkas and rainsuits to hear the music I played at the Tiki Hut last night. We had a ball, but I only lasted two hours until I became so cold I could no longer sing and play. This morning, the temperature is back to about 64 degrees and 70 is predicted.

Christmas at the marina will feature a pot-luck brunch at the Tiki Hut, which will feature a host of wonderful dishes and deserts. I hope to do a New Year's Eve party at the marina as well, which should be lots of fun if the weather cooperates.

Another fun day in Paradise,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook