SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Yes, we hope that you, your family and everyone reading your great thread has a very happy holiday. You should make a book out of this thread as there is so much information on it. I wonder if forum members understand how much good info is here on interesting sailboats.

You are right about the top of the line auto pilot. We will go with the best as far as we know. NKE auto pilot with their hydralic ram. Most Americans do not know about NKE products unless they are serious racers offshore. I am looking forward to playing with the system when we get to sea trials. I am also looking forward to the Wind Pilot wind vane. Peter the owner of Wind Pilot and the Jean-francios's did a lot of work figuring out how one would mount with the swim platform on the Boreal. We will have radar on pole at stern like always.

I am amazed how JFD designed such a boat and not being a NA. But he has done so, and did you know his son was a very good NA for the French Navy. There have been many great and you can say famous sailors who have had the chance to sail the Boreal and swear it is the best boat of this kind they have ever sailed. There are great stories on Attainable Adventure Cruising on the Boreal and the experts there are very impressed. Also maybe soon a very famous sailor, a true hero in his/her country may be ordering a Boreal 44. I will not mention name for privacy.

I want everyone to know that as great as this boat is there are compromises just like on any cruising boat. But one nice thing is the entire team at Boreal is interested on making things better and some times less French as they now have customers from all over the world.

I have mentioned to Boreal why they do not have a better website. They reply that they would rather spend the time building boats and that they are doing very well in orders as is. Remember they only at this time build 6 or so boats a year. I would post pictures of our boat being built but out of respect for Boreal I will wait till we have have our own cruising blog which I will have a section on everything dealing with how the boat behaves and how she is built.

Again

Happy Holiday

Last edited by hannah2; 12-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook